Sunday, April 17, 2005

#2. Connie Stevens Sent: 2/28/05 Received: 4/1/05 - I sent her two "Grease 2" lobby cards. She signed one (& did not return the other one).

#3. Lisa Whelchel Sent: 3/15/05 Received: 4/4/05 - Signed my "Facts Of Life" cast photo. Her signature means I'm only missing 1 (Kim Fields) from having it complete.

#4. Conrad Bain Sent: 3/15/05 Received: 4/4/05 - Signed my photo & index card. Conrad was the dad on "Diff'rent Strokes".

#5. Michael Rosenbaum Sent: 2/7/05 Received: 4/4/05 - Sent a personalized 4X6 photo. Great picture of him from "Smallville"

#6. Sarah Douglas Sent: 2/11/05 Received: 4/4/05 - Sarah must have liked the "Ursa" (from the "Superman" movies) photo I sent her. She kept it and in its place sent me a "Ursa" magazine pin up that was taped to a cut up file folder backing. She did sign & personalize the pinup though.

#7. John Schneider Sent: 1/24/05 Received: 4/4/05 - This was my second success with John. He sent me a "Smallville" promo pic.

#8. Gene Wilder Sent: 2/7/05 Received: 4/4/05 - ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE! Gene Wilder is one of the most sought out autographs (and reclusive signers) around. He replies to most of his mail by sending a pre-printed signature photo. I had contacted him on behalf of a charity project I work on. My letter was 100% honest about the charity auction and what we do. I included one line in the letter asking if he would sign a photo for myself as well. Not only did he sign the "Willy Wonka" photo for my charity auction, he personalized the other for me as I asked. A letter of authenticity was sent from his assistant stating how rare it was for Gene to sign items but he was caught "at a convenient time in a freetingly brief 'autographing' mode" so he accommodated my request. The letter also asks me to discourage anyone from requesting their own personally autographed items saying "He will not be in that 'autographing' mode again for an infinite number of moons to come, and their request in all probability will be denied (with a copy of the previously mentioned printed-signature photo as a substitute)". Incredible. I never thought I'd be able to add Gene Wilder to my collection!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home