Monday, September 26, 2005

My 'shipp' came in today!

Two in the mailbox today. Both were mailed on the same day and both came back on the same day.

John Wesley Shipp - Sent: 8/29/05 Received: 9/26/05. Since I started collecting I have been trying to get this guys autograph. Best known for playing "The Flash" (which is coming out on DVD next year), John Wesley Shipp was also one of my "top 12 most wanted" autographs. I have written to him at every address I could find (and lost a lot of photos) with no success until today. About a month ago, late at night, I read that he had joined the cast of a new PAX TV show called "Pallmeto Pointe". I did some research on the show but couldn't find a filming address. I e-mailed fellow collector and friend Beth with the info I had and asked for help. When I woke up I had a e-mail back from Beth with an address to try. And it worked! John Wesley signed the photo I sent and wrote me a note on the index card I sent as well. Besides "Flash", John Wesley Shipp's other credits include "Sisters", "Dawson's Creek" and "Guiding Light". Thank you Beth. Without you, I wouldn't have this great success.


John Wesley Shipp as "The Flash"

2 Comments:

Blogger willow2us said...

September is a month for you to remember, My goodness you are getting some of the most desireable autographs you want. Keep going Ryguy Lee

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the address? I'd love to have him autograph a photo of him as The Flash, like that one you got.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home