Friday, April 22, 2005

You take the good, you take the bad ....

One of the rules (if not the #1 rule) in autograph collecting is "Never send something you can't afford to live without". And it's true. No celebrity is required to sign something for you (unless they charge which really falls more under a purchase). So this brings me to a interesting dilemma. I have this "Facts Of Life" cast photo which has been signed by Nancy McKeon, Lisa Whelchel, Mindy Cohn and Charlotte Rae. That means I'm only missing Kim Fields to complete it. I've spent many hours online trying to research an address that works to reach Kim with no luck. And then I find out Kim is taping a pilot TV show next Thursday (4/28) in CA called "Bow". Dilemma. Dilemma. Do I try it & send it to her to complete it or do I keep it and wait for an address that I know will work? After talking to some people and following my gut instinct, I decided to take a chance on it. I mailed it out priority today to the set. I've been burned before, but I've had successes before by taking a chance like this. I'm posting a scan here of the photo as it looked when I mailed it to Kim. Hopefully this won't be the last time I ever see this photo. To be continued... (I hope...)

Will I ever see this photo again?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kajun Beth said...

I really hope you get it back! I have been trying to find an addie for Mindy Cohn. How long ago did you write to her???

Great site by the way!

Beth - Autographers Anonymous!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home