Monday, October 03, 2005

Movin' on up!

FLASHBACK- "Weezy" Jefferson

I thought it would be fun to do another "pre-blog flashback" before I started out a new month of successes.

Isabel Sanford - Sent: 11/3/2003 Received: 3/19/2004. For many reasons this is a special autograph for me. Isabel was best known for playing "Louise 'Weezy' Jefferson" on "The Jeffersons" and "All In The Family". In the summer of 2003 I finished watching a huge "Jeffersons" marathon on TV and I did a search online for information on Isabel. That search led me to her page on "Star Archive" (the autograph site). That got me interested in the entire site, which got me more interested in starting to collect autographs. So partially my collecting came about because of Isabel. When I started collecting, she was one of the first people I wrote to. A few months after my success Isabel passed away (7/9/2004). I remember reading her obituary which mentioned how much she still loved receiving and reading her fan mail. Gone... but not forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home