Friday, April 29, 2005

Holy autographs!

My "Batman: The Movie" DVD came back today which was signed by Burt Ward at The Hollywood Collectors Show in CA last weekend. Thanks to Todd who attended the show and got Burt to sign it for me. (Visit Todd's site at: http://www.toddsautographarena.com). The addition of Burt on the cover means it's now signed by all of the (living) cast members.

Frank Gorshin - Sent: 9/24/03 Received: 10/3/03
Adam West - Sent: 10/6/03 Received: 12/30/03
Lee Meriwether - Sent: 1/16/04 Received: 2/26/04
Burt Ward - In Person 4/23/05

I remember the Frank Gorshin was one of the first successes I had when I started collecting and one of the most fun. He signed my DVD insert, sent me a signed 8X10 photo (of him as "The Riddler"), signed the letter I sent him (answering some questions) and even signed the cardboard backing I sent so the insert wouldn't get bent. Frank is one the best signers as well. Lee Meriwether is another great through the mail (TTM) signer. She charges a small fee for her signature but donates all the proceeds to the "Ability First" organization. (A very worthwhile cause). I remember getting the Adam West on the same day I received Helen Slater. I thought how cool is it to get "Batman" and "Supergirl" both on the same day. Burt Ward was on my "Top 12" most wanted autograph list (see post below). Sometime in the future I'd like to order a 8X10 autographed photo off of his web site. (http://www.robintheboywonder.com). He has many nice ones to chose from. It may have taken around 2 1/2 years to complete the DVD but it was well worth the wait!


Batman: The Autographs! (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home