Friday, May 06, 2005

#1. James Earl Jones - Sent: 1/18/2005 Received: 5/7/05 . He probably has as many fans from his voice over work as he does from his on screen acting. (He does the voice of "Darth Vadar" in the "Star Wars" movies and does the "This is CNN" voice over on the CNN Network). I sent him two photos and an index card. He personalized all three. The "Star Wars" picture (see above) reads ("To Ryan you are part of the rebel alliance and a 'traitor' " Darth James Earl Jones). I may send that photo to Dave Prowse (the actor in the "Darth Vadar" costume) sometime in the future for him to sign as well. The photo below is from James Earl Jones guest appearance on "Will & Grace".


James Earl Jones meets Jack McFarland (Sean Hayes)

I'm very happy to be able to add James Earl Jones to my collection. "Star Wars Ep. 4: A New Hope" was the first movie I remember seeing in a movie theatre. I've seen all the "Star Wars" movies (inlcuding the original ones when they were redone) in a theatre and I have my ticket already to the midnight showing of the next movie. One year I even went as "Darth Vadar" for Halloween. I remember someone said to me "Who are you sposed to be?". I replied "Darth Vadar!". They replied with "Dark Bear???".

#2. Patrick Stewart - Sent: 2/11/05 Received: 5/7/05 . I'm a huge fan of the "X-men" movies. Patrick was part of the cast (playing "Professor Charles Xavier - aka: Prof. X). I wrote to him in care of a play he's doing in London and he was kind enough to sign the photo I sent him. This was my second success with Patrick . I rewrote him in hopes that he would not only sign my photo but personalize it to my name. No luck this time either (I don't think he personalizes any photo, just signs them), but a great success none the less. If you look at the photo, the "security guard" wheeling him in is Bryan Singer who directed the first two X-men movies. Patrick is best known however as playing Captain Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home