Friday, July 29, 2005

That's what friends are for..

I've had so many friends help me with autographs (or addresses to get autographs) and I'm very appreciative. If it hadn't been for my friend Joey I wouldn't have any successes today. He went to a "Comic Con" a few weeks ago. I found out they had 5 of the "Superman" movies cast appearing there. Margot Kidder ("Lois Lane"), Sarah Douglas ("Ursa"), Jack O'Halloran ("Non"), Marc McClure ("Jimmy Olson") and Jeff East ("Clark Kent"). I have two of them already (Marc McClure and Sarah Douglas) so I dropped a few hints (more in just poking fun at him than expecting him to follow through) about how nice it would be to build on that collection and next thing you know he called me up saying he got me 2 (great ones I should add that I didn't already have). I was surprised and very appreciative. Thanks Joey, I know you went thought some stuff to pull this off for me. I really appreciate it!

Margot Kidder - In Person: 7/16/2005. Margot Kidder has been making the convention circuit a lot in the last two years or so, and I expect will continue for the foreseeable future with a new "Superman" film coming out next year. I've wanted her autograph for a long time. I remember "Superman: The Movie" airing on TV and the next day at school everyone talking about her line "You've got me.. but who's got you?". The Superman DVD has the screen tests for many actresses who auditioned for the "Lois Lane" role. People such as Lesley Ann Warren, Anne Bancroft and even Stockard Channing. But watch the screen tests you easily see there's only one "Lois Lane" and that is Margot Kidder!


Margot Kidder as "Lois Lane"


Jeff East - In Person: 7/16/2005. Jeff played "Clark Kent" as a teenager during the first "Superman" movie. Doesn't he look a lot like Christopher Reeves? I was really glad that Joey got this for me because there isn't a working address to write to Jeff at and he doesn't do many convention appearances anymore. Very cool guy. Did you know that Jeff East and Marc McClure ("Jimmy Olson") played in a band together during the "Superman" era years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home