Thursday, July 21, 2005

With the compliments of julie andrews ...

I was very happy to see (any) success at my mailbox today, but when I opened it up I became even happier!

Julie Andrews - Sent: 7/11/2005 Received: 7/22/05. About two weeks ago I read on "Star Archive" about someone getting a success from Julie via The Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, CT where she was directing a play. I knew many people would probably jump on this quickly as Dame Julie usually sends out pre-printed signature photos. Luckily I already had a 8X10 photo of her (which I had for at least 7 years) to send. So I put a letter together for her, sent the photo, SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) and since the photo was a little dark I sent a sharpie (made for signing on dark surfaces) and sent it off to East Haddam, CT. The signed photo came back today with a note "With the Compliments of Julie Andrews". The signature on my photo matches the in person autograph scans that I've seen. Plus (like Suzanne Somers) she even sent the sharpie back as well. I always said that a good letter will get you a good result if the letter actually reaches the person. Star Archive has also shown a few other people today that got successes from her as well. I told one of my friends that if I got Suzanne Somers and Julie Andrews this month I wouldn't complain the rest of the month about how slow and bad this month has been for me. Mission accomplished!


Dame Julie Andrews (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home