Saturday, July 09, 2005

653 days is a long time to wait for nothing

It's been very quiet (and lonely) lately at the mailbox. The good news is I've found a little more motivation and time to get new requests out. I have several that I just sent out that I really (fingers crossed) look forward to getting back. In the mean time I received this yesterday:

Skeeter Davis - Sent: 9/24/2003 Received: 7/8/2005. Yes the dates are accurate. Skeeter was a "Grand Ol' Opry" member best known for her song "The End Of The World". I had really hoped to add her autograph to my collection since I enjoyed that song so much, so I sent a cd insert to her to sign. I had seen successes on her since her health had declined (including one last year) but when she passed away on September 19th of last year I knew my item wasn't coming back signed. Today my SASE came back with a unsigned 5X7 photo. I'm not upset about not getting an autograph, but I wish they would have sent my cd insert back to me. Interestingly enough I still have 4 more pending autograph requests that are older than this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home