Saturday, March 11, 2006

Cutting to the 'thicke' of it

After a slow week at the mailbox I looked forward to Saturday's mail arriving. (I think I'm starting to take for granted that I will always get a success on Saturday). The mailman did not disappoint today.

Alan Thicke - Sent: 2/13/06 Received: 3/11/06. Look at this photo. Doesn't Alan Thicke look almost the same as he did when he was playing "Dr. Jason Seaver" on "Growing Pains" 20 years ago? It makes a person wonder, is Alan Thicke the new Dick Clark? Many people don't realize that Alan Thicke is a songwriter and has written many TV theme songs including the original "Wheel Of Fortune" theme, "Joker's Wild" (another game show) and the themes to the sitcoms "The Facts of Life" and "Diff'rent Strokes" (which he not only co-wrote but sang). His son Robin writes as well and has his work recorded by Marc Anthony, Christina Aguilera, Brian McKnight and Pink among others. I haven't seen a lot of successes on Alan so this was a nice surprise.



Alan Thicke (click to enlarge)



Deborah Foreman - Sent: 3/1/06 Received: 3/6/06. The movie "Valley Girl" has always been a favorite of mine since growing up. Deborah Foreman played the lead female character ("Julie") opposite Nicolas Cage in the movie. I found Deborah's web site and sent her a very nice e-mail. On Monday I received this reply from her (via e-mail):

"Ryan,

Thank you for your kind letter ... To be honest with you, I am not acting any more so I do not have photos or give out autographs ...

Again, thank you for your interest!!

Share your giggles and your smiles,

Debby Foreman"

I wasn't very surprised by the e-mail. (Deborah was the only person who did not participate in the special features on the "Valley Girl" DVD so that tipped me off that she may be done with "the business" altogether). It was a friendly e-mail and I do appreciate the reply but with that came the end of my hopes to get a signed "Valley Girl" photo. Finding movie stills from this film is not easy but I'm gonan keep an eye open and see if I can start working on more of the cast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home