Saturday, February 25, 2006

Makin' our dreams come true ....

Late last night I had the TV on a channel I normally don't watch. I wasn't paying much attention to it or the commercial that was playing for an area car show until it mentioned "Special appearance by Cindy Williams". That got my attention. I went on their site, learned more about the show which was just a little over an hour from where I live. "It would be fun to go" soon changed to "I am going to go" and so I did.

Cindy Williams - In Person: 2/25/06. Meeting Cindy was a great experience. She was very friendly and fun to talk to. I told her about my favorite "Laverne & Shirley" episode where Laverne & Shirley get high on marijuana brownies and almost marry rock stars under their "spiritual" names of "Star Monkey" (Shirley) and "Lemon Pledge" (Laverne). Cindy told me she had just been thinking about that episode a few days ago. She kept trying to remember which one she was (Star Monkey) and then she said "No I think I was 'Lemon Pledge'". I said no and resisted the dialogue right back to her. She just stopped and watched me do that laughing and saying "Nope your right." Then she said "I'm going to put 'Star Monkey' on your picture!" We visited a little more and when I left she put both her hands on mine and said "Star Monkey will always remember Ryan".



A "Laverne & Shirley" cast photo that Cindy Williams really liked (previously signed by 'Lenny', Michael McKean)




Cindy Williams as "Shirley Feeney" or is it "Star Monkey"? (click to enlarge). The one thing I forgot to ask her when I met her was "What ever happened to Boo Boo Kitty"?


Alec Baldwin - Sent: 2/13/06 Received: 2/26/06. Besides my great In-Person success, in the mail today I received a success from Alec Baldwin. Alec just started a new Broadway play "Entertaining Mr. Sloane". I didn't have a photo to send him (and he must not have had one available either) so he sent me a playbill signed on the front. I wrote to him during his last Broadway show but never received a reply, so it was nice to hear back this time around.



Alec Baldwin signed Playbill (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home