Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The passion of my collection

I usually prefer my autographs to be personalized to my name. I like the "just meant for me" feeling the personalization brings. But I understand some people receive so much fan mail that getting anything signed from them is a treat. Both autographs I received today weren't personalized to my name but I was very happy (and surprised) with their arrival.

James Caviezel - Sent: 11/23/05 Received: 3/14/06. At first I thought this was signed with an "auto pen" machine but after studying the photo, researching online and looking at other signed pictures I realize that it is authentic. I'm sure he just signed a stack of photos which they have distributed within the requests received. I know after staring in "Passion Of The Christ" his fan base increase a lot. On Star Archive there are more pending entries for him than through the mail successes, so I feel very lucky to have received a success. A printed card for singer Lorraine Devon Wilke was thrown in with my signed picture of James which I thought was a little odd.



James Caviezel (click to enlarge)



Erica Durance - Sent: 2/7/05 Received: 3/14/06. 400 (yes 400) days ago I sent this request out to Erica via the Canadian set address for "Smallville". Erica is one of the more recent cast regulars on the show playing Chloe's cousin "Lois Lane". After such a long wait I had pretty much given up on this until today when a nice head shot photo arrived postmarked Canada. I like Erica's take on "Lois". It's the first time (I think) that we've ever seen this character portrayed as young as she is in the show. My ultimate goal would be to get a signed photo from everyone who has played Lois Lane. Today's success brings me one step closer to that goal.



Who is she? She's Lois Lane! (Erica Durance) click to enlarge

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

every time i get one of those cards, the signature is a preprint...Courtney Thorne Smith, Danny Glover, Matt Damon, etc...

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home