Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday's mail

Today's mail brought me successes from overseas and failures from the states. Ladies first as we start todays update:

Kate Beckinsale - Sent: 11/15/2004 Received: 5/16/2005. This was sent to Kate (via her publicist in England). What makes it interesting is the fact that she personalized it to my name. From what I've seen Kate rarely personalizes things (she just signs her name to items). Personally I love having my photos personalized to my name. It makes it more special (and meant just for me) to me when they personalize. A letter from her personal assistant was included with the signed photo. Kate has been very successful in movies like "Pearl Harbor", "Underworld" , "Van Helsing" and one of my favorites "Serendipity".


Kate Beckinsale from "Van Helsing" (click to enlarge)

Jason Biggs - Sent: 11/9/2004 Received: 5/16/2005. Jason did a play in New York City back in the fall which is where I tried to reach him. My photos were sent back unsigned with a 4X6 postcard with a pre printed autograph signature on it. This was the first response (of any type) that I had heard of via that play venue. Jason's a tough guy to get (as is most of the "American Pie" cast).

Ryan McPartlin - Sent: 5/5/2005 Received: 5/16/2005. This one bummed me out. My letter didn't even reach him and came back "Return to Sender" (RTS). I definitely will try again to find a working address to (hopefully) reach him. Ryan is a co-star of Fran Drescher's new show "Living With Fran".

Warwick Davis - Sent: 4/16/2005 Received: 5/16/2005. The new "Star Wars" movie is almost here and I'm hyped for it. Today I added another "Star Wars" cast member to my collection. Warwick Davis is best known as "Wicket The Ewok" from "Return Of The Jedi". He signed & personalized my "Wicket" photo and sent me a signed letter with info on his web site and fan club. You may also be familiar with him as "Professor Flitwick" in the "Harry Potter" movies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ryan, this is jason from stararchive. wow man you have a great blog!!! your autographed pictures look great and the description you add to each are great stories. keep up the awesome work!
jason

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home