Friday, May 13, 2005

Today's mail brings success & failure

One success, one failure today in today's mailbox. Lets start with the good first:

Irlene Mandrell - Sent: 10/6/2004 Received: 5/13/05. Watching "Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters" was a "don't miss" when I was growing up. I have met Irlene Mandrell (as well as Barbara & Louise) but I didn't have her autograph. Getting her today completes my autograph collection of the Mandrell Sisters. By the way Irlene is more beautiful in person than any picture I've ever seen of her.


Irlene Mandrell (click to enlarge)

Jane Wyman - Sent: 5/4/2005 Received: 5/13/05. This was my failure today. One thing I learned about Jane Wyman first of all is don't put your return address in the corner. If you do your envelope will be sent "Return to sender" unopened. I've also tried sending it without my return address. My picture came back unsigned with a "Ms. Wyman no longer signs autographs" card. (The card was printed at a printer, she must be serious about this). But last week I saw someone had gotten a success from her (at a different address). So I decided to try it again. Same result as before. My letter & photo came back unsigned with the card below. She wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home