Thursday, May 19, 2005

RIP - frank gorshin

I was very sad to hear that Frank Gorshin passed away. Not only was he a great entertainer but really treated his fans very well. As I talked about earlier Frank was one of my first successes when I started collecting (and a quick reply at 9 days). I sent him a "Batman: The Movie" DVD insert which he signed (see scan on my April 29th posting) but he also included a "Riddler" b&w photo which he signed for me, plus sent my letter back signed (and answered some questions I had asked him) and even signed the cardboard backing board that I sent to protect the DVD insert when he mailed it back. (The photo & backing board scans are below). Many people may not realize Frank was the very first villian on the first two episodes of the "Batman" TV series in the 1960's. My friend Lee just had a success from Frank last week. Even in declining health he was still there for his fans. He will be missed.

Frank Gorshin 1934 - 2005 (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home