Monday, March 27, 2006

Christmas in March

How can it not feel like Christmas with 4 successes in one day. It's been a while since this has happened. (My record is 6 in one day which has happened twice). I present them to you in the order I opened them:

Laurie Metcalf - Sent: 3/20/06 Received: 3/27/06. I almost missed this one. I was looking online one night and found that Laurie is doing a play in LA right now (which ends this upcoming Saturday), so I quickly ordered a photo and sent it out to her. I loved Laurie as "Jackie" on "Roseanne". She made that show. My favorite scene is in the episode where Jackie's father dies and she has to call (the hard of hearing) "Auntie Barbara" on the phone. Hysterical! Besides signing this "Roseanne" photo for me Laurie also signed an index card with a one week turn around.



Laurie Metcalf (Wacky Jackie on "Roseanne")


Adrianne Curry - Sent: 3/9/06 Received: 3/27/06. Adrianne was a winner in the second season of the reality show "America's Next Top Model". I would say she's more known for reality TV than her modeling career. She has also been on the VH1 reality shows "The Surreal Life" and "My Fair Brady". She is engaged to Christopher Knight (aka Peter Brady from "The Brady Bunch") whom she met on "The Surreal Life". Adrianne hand wrote her web site address on the back of the photo. Good thing she wasn't waving in the photo she sent or I may not have been able to put it on the blog.



Adrianne Curry (America's next top .. Brady?)


Michael Caine - Sent: 3/20/06 received: 3/27/06. Another quick one week turn around. With as much work as Michael Caine has done there has to be a film of his that everyone loves. I would say one of my favorites is a more recent film he did, "Batman Begins". Michael played "Alfred Pennyworth" (the butler) in the film. This is the first time that I remember where the "Alfred" character had been developed so much and made important. I hope they continue that in the sequel films to come. 2006 marks Sir Michael's 50th year of acting. Impressive!



Michael Caine as "Alfred" from "Batman Begins"


Cindy Williams - Sent: 5/18/05 Received: 3/27/06. You may remember that I recently met Cindy Williams (see my February 25, 2006 posting). One of the decisions in traveling to meet her was that I was never able to get her autograph through the mail (TTM). Well today one (of my two attempts) came back as a success. So I now have another awesome signed photo from this wonderful actress who was so sweet and kind to me. Compare the signature on this photo to the one I got in person. (click here). They look identical don't they? Now who says celebs don't sign TTM!



Cindy Williams (click to enlarge). I still wonder what happened to Boo Boo Kitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home