Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm so glad we had this time together

FLASHBACK - CAROL BURNETT

My friend Brian let me borrow his Carol Burnett Show DVDs which inspired me to chose Carol for this month's "Flashback" feature.

Carol Burnett - Sent: 12/8/03 Received: 8/30/04. To me Carol Burnett is the funniest woman ever (Lucy's great but I like Carol just a bit better). Some of my favorite sketches and characters she's played include "Went With The Wind", "Mrs. Wiggins", "Stella Toddler", "Nora Desmond", but my all time favorite is "Eunice" from the "family" sketches which later became "Mama's Family". Very early in my collecting days I found this unsigned photo of her as "Eunice" so I bought it and sent it to her. After I got Lynda Carter (my #1 most wanted autograph), Carol became my #1 most wanted that I didn't have at the time. It took 265 days but it was well worth it. I'm also glad I achieved this success when I did as I hear due to the high volume of mail she receives Carol is unable to keep up with it and doesn't sign much anymore (especially items that are sent to her). If you do get a success from her it's usually one of her own head shot photos. Carol Burnett and I also share the same birthday (but different years just in case you had to ask!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home