Saturday, September 02, 2006

Twice as nice mail day

It's been a while since I've had multiple successes in the same day, so it was nice to find two envelopes in today's mail.

Eddie Mekka - Sent: 4/29/06 Received: 9/2/06. Eddie Mekka is best remembered for being "Carmine Ragusa" aka "The Big Ragoo" on "Laverne & Shirley", (or as "Lenny" and "Squiggy" called him "The Big Raccoon"). I wrote to him in Las Vegas where he was doing a performance of "Hairspray". I know sometimes he does convention appearances (where you can buy autographed pictures and even jars of "Ragu" sauce from him) but I haven't seen many through the mail successes on him so I wasn't sure if he would sign for free. But not only did he sign the photo I sent he included a signed playbill from "Hairspray".
















Eddie Mekka from his "Laverne & Shirley" days (above) and a playbill from his more recent "Hairspray" performance in Vegas (below).




Rita Moreno - Sent: 8/16/06 Received: 9/2/06. My second success today comes from an Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy award winner - Rita Moreno. "Electric Company" was probably the first place I remember seeing her work, even though she had been working at least 25 years before then. I also really enjoyed her in the TV series version of the movie "9 to 5".















Rita Moreno (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home