Monday, August 21, 2006

'Grease' is the word!

Today I won one and I lost one. Let's do the happy one first.

Barry Pearl - Sent: 8/9/06 Received: 8/21/06. Next month (9/19) a special "Rockin' Rydel" edition of the movie "Grease" is being released on DVD. I'm happy to see a new edition of this coming because the first DVD release was one of the worst transfers I've ever seen of a movie to DVD. A movie that is so fondly remembered by many deserved a better DVD treatment than what it originally received. I mention this because Barry Pearl is best known for playing the T-Bird "Doody" in the movie "Grease". Barry sent me a "Grease" promo head shot picture personalized to my name "Ryan- Grease is the word Barry Pearl" with drawn music notes. He also included a typed letter that touched on most of my original letter to him. Due to a contract I had to sign in advance to get the autograph I can not publicly post the scan for this success. This is the first time I ever had to sign a contract in order to get an autograph, but it was definitely worth it.


Meryl Streep - Sent: 8/7/06 Received: 8/21/06. RTS. I knew this was a long shot but I had to try. I wrote Meryl via the play she's doing in New York right now. My envelope came back with the address crossed out and "Return to sender" written with a black sharpie on the front. As Meryl said in "The Devil Wears Prada"..... "That's all".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home