Saturday, July 29, 2006

A 'peri' good weekend for autographs

A double dosage of success to post about.

Peri Gilpin - Sent: 5/26/06 Received: 7/29/06. Peri was doing a play for one week in London at the beginning of June so I wrote to her at the venue and sent her a college I made of her character "Roz" from "Frazier" dressed up as "Wonder Woman" during a Halloween episode. I had written to Kristin Davis at the same play and never heard back and with close to two months passed since Peri's play ended I hadn't thought much about this arriving back. But today it did (postmarked Los Angeles with US postage on it). She signed the photo and index card I sent and returned the $2 cash I had sent to cover return postage from London (since I didn't have overseas stamps).



Peri Gilpin was "Wonder Woman" once on "Frazier"


Lily Tomlin - Sent: 9/8/2004 Received: 7/28/06. You might remember that I scored a success from Lily back in April. What appears below is my original request to her back in 2004 that just now came back. A long time but worth the wait. If the "9 to 5" photo looks the same it's because it is. Thinking this request was long gone, I bought a new one, had Jane Fonda sign it and then sent that one to Lily a few months ago. I am very glad to get the "Ernestine" picture back though. Lily currently provides a voice in the new animated movie "Ant Bully" which I saw the other night and really enjoyed.


(above) One ringie dingie, Two ringie dingies with Lily Tomlin as "Ernestine The Operator" (below) Lily as "Violet Newstead" on "9 to 5"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home