Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Superman's first lady

I've seen a new movie trailer for a film called "Hollywoodland" which is about the mystery of George Reeve's death. It looks like a very good movie. This trailer and some of the reading I've done about George Reeves has rekindled my interest in the old original "Superman" TV series. Today's success ties in with that interest.

Phyllis Coates - Sent: 6/15/06 Received: 7/11/06. Noel Neill was the original "Lois Lane" in the "Superman" movie serials but when it went from a serial to a TV series Phyllis Coates was cast in the role of "Lois". She left after one year (to do other projects) and Noel revived her role as the first lady of Superman's life. I add another "Lois" to my collection today with this signed photo of Phyllis Coates. Phyllis charges a small fee for her autograph, but it's worth it because she will supply a great vintage photo from whatever role you want. I really like this photo which I had never seen before. I only need Teri Hatcher to complete my "Lois Lane" collection and it probably will take help from Superman to get that autograph!


This is a job for .... Lois Lane (click to enlarge)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jim Quinton said...

What a GREAT picture! Congrats on the success!!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks Jim. I had never seen this photo before and it was a different "Superman" picture than I had seen her send out to others. I was very happy with it. Have you seen the previews for "Hollywoodland" about George Reeves life? It looks like a good movie.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

That is a cool photo, Ryan. Your Lois Lane collection is now more complete than mine! I'm only missing Teri Hatcher and Ms. Coates. Please, please tell me where you found info on getting hers. I'm having no luck finding an official website for her or anything. Thanks!

Very jealous!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Jim Quinton said...

No, I haven't seen the previews yet but the movie sounds very interesting! Will have to check it out when it comes to the big screen.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hi Angie,

You can find the address I used at www.star-collector.net . Phyllis charges $14 which includes her providing the vintage photograph (make sure to tell her you want a Lois Lane one).

I've been checking out your blog. Congrats on the cool successes including Stephan Bender who I've tried (with no luck so far).

-Ryan

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Jim,

Ben Affleck plays George in the movie and looks pretty convincing from the preview. Adrian Brody and Diane Lane also star in the film.

-Ryan

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home