Monday, June 26, 2006

Lets get caught up

I have been in the middle of so many projects and had some computer issues which caused the delay in getting the blog updated. But were back in business now so let's get caught up.

Morgan Freeman - Sent: 4/29/06 Received: 6/26/06. This one I'm not so sure about. I think it is an auto pen. I know for sure it's not a Pre-Print, so either it's authentic or it's an auto pen but comparing signatures I've seen online I lean more towards an auto-pen. It would be understandable as I'm sure Morgan Freeman receives so many requests it would be hard to find the time to honor them. Another interesting fact is I wrote to him at a California address and my SASE came back postmarked Charleston, MS.


Morgan Freeman - are you the real deal?



This past Saturday I went to the final day of a three day country music festival in my area. It rained off and on throughout the day which wasn't much fun. But I did enjoy some great music and received In-Person autographs from each act that played that day.


Little Big Town - In Person: 6/24/06. Little Big Town has a song out right now that I just love. It's called "Bring It On Home". They performed that and several other songs (including "Boondocks", their first top 10 hit) during their show in Richland Center, WI. Following the show I had a chance to get my cd insert signed by the band.


Little Big Town (Phillip, Karen, Kimberly & Jimi)


Blue County - In Person: 6/24/06. A few years ago Blue County had a hit with the song "Good Little Girls". I had seen and met them before and they were very good (and so nice). Same situation at this show. Great musicians and just the friendliest guys. Scott (left on photo below) has been a regular on a few soap operas. He played "Jake Hogansen" on "Days Of Our Lives" and "Ryan McNeil" on "Young & The Restless". I think the guys recently changed their look because they looked a little bit different than this photo and other photos I've seen of them before. (Both have cut their hair super short now).


Blue County (soap star Scott Reeves (left) and Aaron Benward (right)


Jamie O'Neal - In Person: 6/24/06. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Jamie O'Neal. Her first album "Shiver" is one of my all time favorite cds by any artist. During this show I had a chance to hear 5 or 6 new songs she's recording for her next cd. She also brought her 3 year old daughter out to sing part of her hit song "Somebody's Hero". I've met Jamie many many times (she remembered me when we talked after this show) so I really didn't need another Jamie autograph, but it's so hard to pass the opportunity up when it presents itself. Other hits by Jamie O'Neal include "There Is No Arizona", "When I Think About Angels", "Trying To Find Atlantis" and "I Love My Life".


Jamie O'Neal signed 8X10 photo

Oak Ridge Boys - In Person: 6/26/06. Everybody sing "Elvira" now. And they did. As a matter of fact The Oak Ridge Boys brought Jamie O'Neal, Blue County & Little Big Town back to the stage to sing it with them. That was cool. I really liked their set list, it included many of my all time favorite Oak Ridge Boys songs including "It Takes A Little Rain" (it was raining while they sang it) and "Come On In (You Did The Best That You Could Do)". I had a great visit with them backstage and was able to tell them some stories that I always wanted to. Awesome guys who are long overdue to be in the country music hall of fame.


The Oak Ridge Boys (Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden, Duane Allen & Richard Sterban)


Phil Vassar - In Person: 6/24/06. Phil is such a nice guy and puts on one high energy rockin' show. His show was almost completely full of his hit songs and some hit songs he wrote for others. Before his show started I was able to meet him and he signed this cd insert for me.


Phil Vassar's second cd "American Child" autographed to me now


Joe Nichols - In Person: 6/24/06. I had met Joe Nichols a few times before but was never able to get his autograph until now. When I met him I asked him what his favorite movie of all time was. He said "Urban Cowboy". I'm glad his "meet & greet" was before his show because after it ended they had to evacuate the park because of a lightening storm. At this point we had been at the festival for 11+ hours so my friend and I decided to head home and just catch one of his shows at a later point. (I had 90 minute drive yet to get to my home). It would have been nice to see his show but I did get the autograph that I had really wanted for my collection.


Autographed cd insert to Joe Nichols new cd "III"

I also have gotten two RTS's (return to senders):

Sheryl Crow - Sent: 6/15/06 Received: 6/24/06. This was a total post office thing. On the front of the envelope it said it arrived after the show date. Who knew it would take the post office 4 days to deliver something to a venue 2 and a half hours from me. I will find a new venue to try her at.

Joanna Garcia - Sent: 5/26/06 Received: 6/22/06. I've been trying to find a working address for her and had another strike out. Joanna plays "Cheyenne" on the "Reba" show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home