Monday, June 19, 2006

Lucky Star: a top 12 success!

MADONNA!

I grew up with a cousin who was a big Madonna fan, so before I ever really started buying records and listening to music I knew a lot about Madonna and her songs. When "music" began playing a bigger role in my life one of the first cd's I bought (outside of country music, which I grew up with) was one of Madonna's. I saw Madonna in concert for the first time in 2004 and had an awesome experience of having my tickets upgraded from nose-bleed to floor seats. I saw Madonna on her "Confessions" tour last night in Chicago and had an even better experience.

Madonna - In Person: 6/18/06. I went as the guest of a friend who went as Madonna's guest and the VIP treatment was rolled out for us. From comped parking in the prime parking location, to floor seats (Section 3, Row 14 - 4 seats away from the part of the stage that extends into the audience) to a personal welcome from Madonna's manager and PA. They brought us gifts which included a signed tour book and (thanks to my friend) a photo personalized to my name! In all seriousness I think my heart stopped beating for a quick moment when I saw it. I put Madonna on my "Top 12 most wanted list" never actually thinking it would happen. She doesn't sign autographs a lot and even rarer than that personalizes them. If I would have had to leave then it was an overwhelming positive experience. But I didn't have to leave and it was time to enjoy the show. Close enough to Madonna to make eye contact I enjoyed her 2006 "Confessions" show. The entire show was very very good. She sounded and looked great. My favorite part was the first segment which had an equestrian theme to it and included her singing "Like A Virgin" while riding a saddle on a pole. Madonna's crew sent bottled waters for us in the middle of the show, which was much needed and appreciated. (It was hot!). Then at the end of the show balloons fell from the ceiling and we each got one as a souvenir.



(Above): Who says dreams don't come true? As long as I "live to tell" I will never forget that amazing evening last night. (Below): Madonna's 2006 "Confessions" tour book, signed. (almost all of it fit on my scanner).



This post is dedicated to my friend Monica who made this happen for me. I've known her for 14 years now. You read about my experience (minus the awesome meal on the way down and the laughter on the way down & back which was plentiful), so how do you "Express Yourself" to someone who was kind enough to make the evening even more special? Thank you? I certainty am thankful and appreciative for this opportunity. But for her friendship and the things I've learned from her (and the inspiration) maybe "Cherish" is a better word. Last night Madonna sang these words which makes me think of Monica: "You may be my lucky star, but I'm the luckiest by far". Thank you so much Monica!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home