Monday, May 22, 2006

Four fantastic envelopes

Well the last half of this month is going a lot better for me than the first half. Today I had 4 envelopes waiting for me (with a total of 5 autographs). I present them to you in the order I opened them.

John Glover - Sent: 5/11/06 Received: 5/22/06. I tried John Glover last year at a theatre in Philadelphia and never received a response, so when I saw he was coming back this year I was hesitant to try again. But I did and I'm glad I did because it paid off this time. Not only did he sign my photo and index card that I sent, he wrote me a very nice note answering some of my questions to him on the back of the index card. He seems like a very nice man, much unlike the evil "Lionel Luthor" who he plays on "Smallville".



John Glover as "Lionel Luthor"


Leslie Jordan - Sent: 5/9/06 Received: 5/22/06. Leslie Jordan is a great character actor who you might have seen on "Boston Legal", "Sordid Lives" or "Reba". I really liked him from "Will & Grace" where he played Karen's arch nemesis "Beverly Leslie". I thought he was very funny in the series finale too. I tried him at a play he was doing in Atlanta but didn't have a photo to send. He must not have had photos either but he did send me 2 promo posters for the play, both signed and personalized. My scanner was not big enough to scan them so (sorry) no photo to go with this entry.


Susan Harris - Sent: 5/5/06 Received: 5/22/06. Susan Harris has created some great TV shows including "Soap", "The Golden Girls" & "Empty Nest". All three of those shows are classics, so she was a must have for my collection.



Susan Harris, writer/creator (click to enlarge)


Mark Millar & Greg Land - Sent: N/A Received: 5/22/06. Last summer (late June or early July) I entered a contest on "TV Guide Online". They were giving away "Fantastic Four" TV Guide covers signed by the movie cast. On August 1st I was notified that I was a winner, not of the grand prize, but a runner up prize. I had won The Ultimate Fantastic Four #21 comic book signed by writer Mark Millard and artist Greg Land. It wasn't until today that I actually received the prize in the mail along with a note of apology for the delay in receiving it.



My "TV Guide" prize - a signed Fantastic Four comic book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home