Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Get us out from under...

I've always had an interest for autographs. Long before I ever started "officially" collecting I would send a few random ones out, maybe one or two every year and a half. Of course this was pre-Internet access and trying to find addresses wasn't that easy. Today's success comes from that time.

Lynda Carter - Sent: N/A Received: 5/9/06. The return envelope had 3 32 cent stamps on it and was addressed to the first address I ever lived at when I moved from home (I have moved twice since then) and it still made its way to me. They sold 32 cent stamps between 1995-1998 so that would place this request somewhere in there (I wish I had the exact date) but from what I can remember and gather I think this would have been more around 1997 or so when I mailed it out. I've wanted a signed picture of Lynda Carter as "Wonder Woman" since I was a kid watching her on that show. I accomplished this goal in 2004 (twice that year no less) but here today the first original request, long thought lost, came back signed, personalized and dated 2006. Special thanks to the post office for making sure this got to me after all the address changes and postage increases.



Lynda Carter is "Wonder Woman"! (click to enlarge)

Look for my prior successes from Lynda in a future "Flashback" blog posting.


Famke Janssen: Sent: 4/21/06 Received: 5/9/06. RTS. Famke is on my most wanted list and some day I hope to find a working address for her. I tried one in New York recently that came back today return to sender. Famke plays "Jean Grey" in the "X-men" movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home