Thursday, April 13, 2006

DA and DB in today's mail

This April definitely isn't like the April I had last year. Successes are way down already. I mean it took 10 days into the month for me to even get something. But luckily not one, but two envelopes arrived today.

Delta Burke - Sent: 3/27/06 Received: 4/13/06. Delta Burke did Broadway last year but I didn't write to her because first of all, I had a signed photo of her already (that I got TTM years before I ever began collecting full time) and secondly because this cast photo was still out to Dixie Carter (which I really thought was gone for good because of how long it took). I lucked out in finding Delta starting a new play in California at the end of last month so I wrote to her at that venue. Success. Delta's "Suzanne Sugarbaker" was my favorite of the "Designing Women". Who else in TV had the best one liners ever and a pig named Noel to boot! The true challenge of this photo, Jean Smart remains for a cast completion.



Delta Burke "designed" my photo with her autograph.


Daniele Alexander - Sent: 3/27/06 Received: 4/13/06. Daniele Alexander recorded two country music albums for Mercury Records in 1989 and 1990. (Her biggest hit "She's There" went to #19 on Billboard). Although she never received the recognition that I thought she deserved, both her albums have always been favorites of mine. I searched for her online and found an e-mail address. I e-mailed her and asked if I could send my cd inserts to be signed and she replied back. My autograph collection has always been about collecting people who's work meant something to me or brought me enjoyment, and Daniele Alexander qualifies in both those categories.



Daniele Alexander - her 1st cd (above) and her 2nd cd (below)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home