Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy birthday blog

It was a year ago today that I began my blog, so I would like to take a moment to say thank you to you for coming to my site to visit it (and especially the repeat visitors). In the last year I've received many nice comments about this site which I really appreciate. By the way feel free to use the comment section below each post to make comments. You don't have to be registered in order to post. I value all comments (except spam which will be deleted).

What's in store for the future? More "Flashback's" that for sure. I had a nice collection going before I started the blog and I want to go back and share some of my successes that I achieved before I started the blog. Look for "Flashback's" to resume next month. Also I plan on maybe revising the "Monthly recap" a little bit. A tweak here and there. Something you want to see? Let me know. I definitely will consider it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan, im just wondering how i could get tom wellings autograph. Is there an address i could send a poster to

6:02 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks for the posts guys. Mark I really thank you for some of the movies and TV shows you've gotten me into. Obviously those interests have carried over to my autograph collection. I think some of the "impressive" autographs I've gotten definately come from your influence. Thank you and don't stop influencing me!

And Ben I don't have an address for Tom (yet). He's in my "Top 12 most wanted". I've tried him at various address and venues never with any luck. He doesn't seem to respond well to fan mail or autograph requests. Keep watching this blog though. If I ever get him (and I won't stop until I do) I'll be posting it and will share the address with you. If you get him before me let me know too. Good luck to both of us.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Ryan, ive been trying to get Josh Holloway and Kristan Kreuk for a while as well as other Smallville characters but not having any luck.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Ben,

Pop over to www.star-collector.net . The first address listed for Kristin Kruek is the one I used to get my success (which took a long time).

Also under Josh Holloway the first address listed is what I used too. With Josh I recommend you send your own photo or you'll get a pre-print back. Also your letter probably won't reach him at that address until Lost starts filming season 3, so you may want to wait to late summer before sending it off so it doesn't get well "lost" (pardon the pun).

-Ryan

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers for taht info, im just wondering when sending an sase what stamps would i need to put on it to send it back to the uk

2:06 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

It costs me around $4.00 to send a package out to the UK (the few times I've done that) so I would say around $4 in US postage should be a safe bet. Check with your post office for sure, also check into International Reply Coupons (IRC's). I've never used them (my PO doesn't sell them) but I hear they work the same way as postage.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ryan,
I have used the IRCs before and yes, they work fine. Though the PO couldn't tell me how much to use. If I remember correctly, I sent the envelope for $4 (US) and sent along $6 (US) worth of IRCs and it worked fine. I think what happens is that they use the IRCs to purchase their postage, so basically the IRCs are like gift certificates.

Lee

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home