Monday, October 17, 2005

Charlie ... mission accomplished

I'm a little behind on getting new requests out this week. But getting a new success always helps remotivate me to send out. Two envelopes in today's mail (and one real success).

Jaclyn Smith - Sent: 9/26/05. Received: 10/17/05. Jaclyn is probably the best of all the "Angels" when it comes to signing for her fans. There doesn't seem to be a limit as to how often or how much she will sign for you. I try not to take advantage of that fact (as I hope others do). But I knew when it came to completing this "Charlie's Angel" photo it would be a piece of cake to get her (which is why I saved her for last). Plus she usually is a quick reply too. I started this photo on May 18th of this year and completed it (by all three) today. Not bad at all. (To follow the progress of this photo also see my postings on May 26th and September 24th of this year). I'm working on completing two other "Angels" cast items. (one of which only needs Kate Jackson, the other needs Kate Jackson & Farrah Fawcett).


My favorite angel "Kelly" (Jaclyn Smith) completes this season 4 cast photo.


Michelle Pfeiffer - Sent: 10/3/05 Received: 10/17/05. Two weeks ago I saw a "Star Archive" user post an authentic success on Michelle Pfeiffer. I was very excited (since she is on my "Top 12 most wanted" list) and sent three photos to the same address. After I mailed out my package the user posted their scans on Star Archive. I started looking at them and how the signature is exact on both. The same space between the each letter, the dot from the "I" in the same place, ect and I thought it must have been autopenned. Today all three of my photos came back (plus an extra one they sent) and they are all autopenned. I will say it's almost convincing. Had I not had multiple items and able to compare the signature and strokes of the pen and length of the letters I might have been fooled. With an autopen machine it's my understanding that you place whatever item you need signed underneath the autopen machine, insert a writing utensil and then it lowers itself down and recreates the original signature plate on your item. The "Star Archive user" must have realized this as well. I see he has changed his scans to "probably autopenned" instead of the "probably authentic" listing he had on them originally.


How great this would have been if it was real


Not only do I need Michelle for my "Catwoman" collection, but also for my "Grease 2" collection.


The autopenned photo they included with mine

On the third photo I sent (not scanned) the autopen rubbed off of it completely onto the back of the previous photo. It was even more clear then that it wasn't real. I enclosed that scan below.



I know if I could ever get my letter to Michelle and she read it she would sign for me. Until then I guess I just wait and try for a better address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home