Monday, October 02, 2006

Mailbox double dip

Double success is a great way to start out a new mail month.

Mark Harmon - Sent: 7/31/06 Received: 10/2/06. A few months ago I received a huge lot of unsigned 8X10 photos as a gift from my friend Joey. I could have sworn there was a photo of Mark Harmon in there. I looked and looked and looked and looked and couldn't find it. But I specifically remembered what this photo looked like. When I couldn't find it, I just decided to write and request a photo from him. Come to find out what I thought was my photo was this photo which was a success my friend Lee got & posted on his blog. Oops. It's all ok now because today I received my own signed "NCIS" photo from Mark Harmon.



Mark Harmon (click to enlarge)


James Karen - Sent: 8/7/06 Received: 10/2/06. When I first got this photo from "Superman Returns" I didn't know who the man was next to Eve Marie Saint. But since, I've learned it's James Karen and he does sign TTM. I thought the photo would look better signed by both so I sent it to him. And you know what? It does! A lot of James scenes in "Superman Returns" were cut so I expect to see them in next month's DVD release. Check out imdb for a complete list of his credits. I'm sure you'll recognize a movie or TV show he's been on.



James Karen adds his signature on my "Superman Returns" photo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeeptheeast said...

Hi Ryan. This is a cool idea you have. I like the idea that people actually send you something personalized. Do you sedn them a picture, or do they provide it?

Keep up the good work.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hi Jaffey, Thanks for the post & checking out my blog. Sometimes I send the picture, sometimes I don't. If theres a specific photo I want signed or if I'm writing to the celebrity at a venue where they might not have photos with them, then I will send my own photo.

Thanks again for the comment.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Could you possibly give me the address where you wrote to Mark Harmon? I'm having difficulty searching for an address. Thanks!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home