Thursday, November 01, 2007

SHAZAM! A New autograph

Today's success is dedicated to the staff of my old post office. I have long since moved and they still made sure this autograph found it's way to me. They are great folks who I miss seeing as frequently as I used to.

John Davey - Sent: 5/13/04 Received: 11/1/07. After three plus years you tend to give up on thinking a success will come back. This disproves that theory. "Shazam" was a TV show I loved when I was a child. I had the chance to meet Jackson Bostwick (the first actor who played Captain Marvel) at an autograph convention a few years ago in Chicago. Today I add John Davey, the second actor who played the role to my collection. I sent him a photo and index card which he signed and returned with another photo of his own and a personal letter which showed off his great sense of humor. Right now Michael Gray ("Shazam" co star & pictured in the photos) isn't signing items (according to his website) but when he resumes, I plan on sending the top photo to him to complete it.


(above) The "Shazam" photo I sent to John Davey. (below) The photo and personal letter he sent me in return.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, my name is debra edwards i also love shazam too and would love to get a autograph from john davey too but have no clue as to how to get intouch with him and so i am at a lost in that. i will admit it is upsetting i have watched this show every saturday morning and i still love this show to this day too. i have taped it off tv land when it was on there and love it! if there is a way you could help me get incontact with john davey i would so greatly appreciate it alot thank you.debra.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home