Tuesday, November 01, 2005

X'hal! My 'titans' photo is completed!

August of last year I came up with an idea to complete a "Teen Titans" cast photo, signed by all 5 voice actors who work on the cartoon. I also thought it would be fun to do this with another collector so I contacted Lee, who also thought it would be fun. We both sent out our own photos to each cast member at the same time. Yesterday he got Hynden Walch which completed his photo, and today mine arrived.


Hynden Walch - Sent: 9/23/05 Received: 11/1/05. Hynden voices "Starfire" on the "Teen Titans" cartoon. She was always one of my favorite characters in the comic book and on the cartoon as well. Besides signing and completing my photo Hynden sent me a very nice "Starfire" printout which she signed (and answered one of my questions in my letter to her).

This was a fun project to work on the last 13 months or so. Not only was this cast great about signing, every person sent me something extra (or bonused) in addition to signing my photo. Here's a recap of the cast photo:

Greg Cipes (Beast Boy): Sent: 8/31/04 Received: 2/19/05. Greg was the first to sign this photo for me, plus the DVD advertisement I sent. He returned it with a signed "Grrr!" (Peta) magazine and a postcard photo of himself.

Scott Menville (Robin): Sent: 2/22/05 Received: 2/28/05. The fastest reply of the group. I also received a one page handwritten letter from him addressing just about everything I wrote in my letter to him. A true class act.

Khary Payton (Cyborg): Sent: 3/25/05 Received: 8/1/05. The most amazing gift came back with my photo. He sent me a cast shot already signed by all 5 of the main members. See my August 1st posting on my blog for more details.

Tara Strong (Raven): Sent: 8/3/05 Received: 9/22/05. After getting all the boys in the photo I started on the ladies. Tara was my first and she also sent a signed photo of herself. See my September 22nd posting for more details.

Hynden Walch (Starfire): Sent: 9/23/05 Received: 11/1/05. The photo is complete. See details above.

As I mentioned my friend Lee sent his own cast photo which he completed yesterday. To see his completed photo, click here. It feels almost a little weird to have this photo back home for good. This was a fun experience and something I plan on continuing in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home