Tuesday, January 17, 2006

5 'Dy-no-mite' successes!

We seem to have a "child actor" theme in today's mail.

Jimmie Walker - Sent: 12/7/05 Received: 1/17/06. Jimmie is best known from the TV show "Good Times" where he played "J.J. Evans". Many people (like myself) would tune in each week to hear him say his signature phrase: "Dy-no-mite!" Jimmie charged $5 for this but provided the photo and paid the postage. The silver signature was pre-printed on the photo but the black marker signature is the real deal.


Jimmie Walker as J.J. Evans from "Good Times"


Freddie Highmore - Sent: 12/19/05 Received: 1/17/06. When I saw the new "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" movie I was very impressed by Freddie Highmore (who played "Charlie" in the movie). I thought he was a great actor who really pulled the role off. I sent this photo (and a index card) to his agency in London and both came back today signed and personalized. Freddie turns 14 next month.


Freddie Highmore played "Charlie" in last year's "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" movie.


Denise Nickerson & Leonard Stone - In Person: 10/30/05. Incredible timing today. Besides getting Freddie Highmore (from the new "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" movie), I got two from the original "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" movie. My friend Lee went to the Chiller autograph show at the end of October and picked me up a few autographs (which I received today). Denise played Violet Beauregarde and Leonard played her father Sam. I read that this autograph convention was the first time they had seen each other since they filmed the movie. Denise's inscription reads "Ryan- You got gum?".


Denise Nickerson & Leonard Stone from the original "Willy Wonka" movie.


Lisa Loring - In Person: 10/30/05. This was another autograph I had Lee get me at the Chiller convention in October. Lee did a great job picking out some awesome photo's that I've never seen before. I was always more of a "Addams Family" fan than "The Munsters". Lisa played "Wednesday Addams" on the show and later would play the popular character "Cricket Montgomery" on "As The World Turns". Lisa doesn't seem to sign through the mail so I was very happy that Lee was nice enough to help me add her autograph to my collection.


Lisa Loring is "Wednesday Addams" (click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home